Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ressurection

Well, this comes with a double meaning... I have been told time and again to start utilising this space... I don't know how successful/meaningful (?) it will prove to be... or even how long I can sustain the interest/enthu...

I think I want to keep it mainly as my online-very-secret-space/diary... no, not for the dirty linen! For the arbit poetry I write............. I won't say why I haven't digitised and shared them earlier... Mostly because the reasons don't even convince me always... *sigh*

Anyway... for the time being. Poem follows. What I feel is one of my best yet... the type that most readers identify with (or so I hope! *looks down mockingly*)

............................

Resurrection

Love me not for my beauty or sorrow
But for my love and pain,
My eyes glisten, they wait for you
Oh come back, come back once again.

Leave me not to these cadavers
They rot my remaining flesh,
Take me away to Atlantis
A hero in me enmeshed.

The aging traditions bind me down
I'm unable to break the mould,
Oh shut out the sun, and let it pour
The casting can tear away bold.

I speak out to you, please hear me now
Leave me not in the dark
I suffocate alone, no hand to hold
Come again and pray for me now.

31/10/2007

1 comment:

Ajinkya said...

hey..
u write good poetry re.. keep it up.. work through a little more... don't restrict urself by rhymes.. i think u can do much better if u give up that constraint.
cheers..

hmm.. i used to write poetry until a few years back.. they are here.. http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/mygt/members.cgi?profile_id=1952&category_id=1953&section=2