Sunday, August 24, 2008

Still fighting

To ease the new poem in, let’s talk about how heroic I’ve become in the context of staying in my room. There are numerous (read: infinite) insects visiting my room every second. The downside, of being in the first room on the ground floor of my hostel. *sigh*. (Akshaya named it “Animal Farm” :). Funny to you reading it probably, but AWFUL to endure, day-in-day-out.

So ya, heroism. I actually hold the annoying little *@$!@&#$ and throw them away from me. It might sound like hey-that’s-nothing-really-great… But for those who know me, understand. I am so wehemi when it comes to insects, that I imagine them crawling all over me the moment I even see a tiny ant :. The smell of the all out is getting to me now. So. Yeah.

Well… now this post is starting to sound sad even to me.


Everyday Heroism

It's one of those days again
Without the sunny light,
The rain is lashing out
The world is blind to my plight.
Or maybe I didn’t show
The scars yet unhealed,
The pain still hurts so bad
Inside- strong and deep.
So why did I want it
The love, caring, sympathy,
When the trouble, really
Lay inside of me.

Heal I must from inside out
Not the other way around,
Expect I must not of anyone
But, in a smile- surround.
Cover the shortest distance
Between two unhappy people,
And walk it alone
In the end, so simple.

The world- all have their demons
To slay and put to rest,
I have naught to give, but smile
Though my will does protest.
Why me? Why should I?
When no one else does?
Why should I be good?
When no one else is?
They are, but I don’t recognize
The parallel in our situations,
They smile when I’m not looking
That churns out the wrong notions.

The good does reside inside me
Just have to peel the chaff away,
Stop caring about getting back, and
Be a Good Samaritan anyway.

25/08/2008

No comments: