Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dislikes

I dislike partings...

For they make me so sad

They make me want to reach out...

Reach out to what’s not there.

They leave me all alone

With nobody but myself.

 

I dislike loneliness...

It reminds me of times it wasn’t so

When I had everyone around

Who never made me feel alone.

And then the emptiness stings

And I’m left struggling with me.

 

I dislike absence...

It leaves empty spaces

Where earlier there was none

My heart keeps yearning for those not there

It calls out... but there are none.

There aren’t even echoes to

Answer me now... only the blank.

 

I dislike silence...

It opens too many doors

Rather left unopened

It brings back too many memories

That are better off untold.

Unsaid, mum and in the box

Never again to be taken out.

 

I dislike memories...

May they be big or small

For I don’t like going back in time

To relive that moment

And then pine...

For things I shouldn’t think of

However they might be.

 

I dislike thoughts...

Those traitors my brain pets

Who just betray my will...

They don’t listen one bit to me

And then the salt goes over the sill.